Monday, April 27, 2015

Mucha Girls, D.E.S.I.G.N., and Tons of Tiny

Greetings marshmallows,

Today (or, yesterday, depending on your clock) marks the official Etsy listings for the patterns I made from Hannah-Alexander's artwork. You buy the set or individual princesses [here].

Tons of Tiny and D.E.S.I.G.N. are up again this month! 

[view on deviantART here]
What project are you working on this month? - It's a tribal cat from Corinne, who is an artist I found via Pinterest.

Have you stitched a project by this designer before? Nope! Though I've had a peek at her website and I will probably work with her designs again.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not? They're very cute and easy to do. This piece took me twelve and a half hours to finish but it didn't feel like it at all. It was quite hypnotic but that's likely because I was sleep deprived while I worked.

What made you choose this particular design/designer? My deviantART group, stitchingpirates, has been holding a contest since the beginning of the year for something tribal or totemic. It doesn't seem to be that popular for whatever reason and so I thought I'd get a jump on those prizes before someone else did! I don't really care for tribal or totemic patterns myself but this cat was too cute to pass up.

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? I really enjoy how she's worked little leafy organic patterns into the cat's fur. It's really unique looking.

[view on deviantART here]
As a side announcement I've been given permission from deviantART's Glasmond, or Raphaelle Roux, to convert a piece of her artwork into a cross-stitch pattern! Hooray! It's really gorgeous and going to be a big project. I'm sincerely pleased to be part of it. 
Until next time,
Pinky
Ashley Mae 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to stitch up that cat! So far there are three of you that will be fighting for first prize and I'm pretty darned excited about that! We shall see as the time draws near! thank you for allowing me to get my order in on those princesses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The princesses are so pretty (as is the kitty), I'm really curious and looking forward to that new design you'll be working on! I'm pretty sure I know Glasmond from somewhere, now if only I could remember what it was...

    ReplyDelete