Sunday, June 28, 2015

D.E.S.I.G.N. and Tons of Tiny for June

Hello marshmallows,

This month was mostly behind-the-scenes things like pattern work on Glasmond's piece, playing catch-up with messages on deviantART (I still have 1,800 people to thank!), and further practice on actual sewing - like for dresses. Because it's mostly stuff that makes no sense to photograph it makes things look a little bare, but trust me! Things are definitely going on.

[on deviantART]
Let's get June's submission for Tons of Tiny and D.E.S.I.G.N. out of the way, since they're a main factor in me continuing my blog work.

What project are you working on this month? April's Diamond Ornament of the Month, designed by my good friend Magical525.

Have you stitched a project by this designer before? Surprisingly, no! And shame on me for it - Magical makes gorgeous designs but they always end up shuffled into my To-Do List behind larger projects. I really wanted to do this particular pattern as I myself am an April Diamond and even so I had to force myself to make extra time for it because I just have so many projects going right now.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not? Yes! Absolutely. And not just because she's my friend of course, her designs are genuinely awesome and I would be stitching them even if we never met.

What made you choose this particular design/designer? It's actually the only tiny pattern that was on my To-Do List. Everything else going on right now is too big for the Tons of Tiny event and I prefer to mush the D.E.S.I.G.N. event together with it to save me on blogging time.
The white side glows in the dark!
That sounds a little rude though, haha, so in expansion it's also because Magical is awesome. I wouldn't have done her designs friend or not if I didn't like them, that's just a fact. Plus this particular design, April Diamond, is very flexible with colors and it looks like lace!

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? Even though she gave a very particular set of color instructions to make it diamond-y I pretty much threw them out the window. I felt just a teensy bit bad about it because I know Magical works very hard to choose each of the colors specifically for the birthstones. All the same, her patterns are so nicely put together that swapping the colors up was an easy task and I could make it my own piece. That said, they're also super easy to read with bold, clear instructions. This finished piece looks like it would be awfully complicated with all those eyelets and curlies but with Magical's pattern even a beginner stitcher could do it, no problem!

Next month will feature three fobs from Magical525, based on the Mucha Princesses that I linked at the top! I'm super-duper looking forward to doing them.
Stay happy,
Ashley Mae
Pinky

4 comments:

  1. It's so incredibly gorgeous and I love love love that it glows in the dark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the colours you choose for this,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually glad that you switched out the colours, because your version looks amazing! I love the contrast between the black and white and pink ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for featuring me!

    I love your version and don't mind a bit that you changed colours so don't feel bad about it! My patterns are more or less made with the expectation that people are going to change colours they don't like or have and use colours they do :)

    ReplyDelete